21st to 27th of November 2022 ‒ 0.3.2 Release
Slint 0.3.2 Release
Today we released Slint 0.3.2, with new features and some bug fixes. This release maintains backwards source compatibility. Applications developed with version 0.3.1 will continue to run with version 0.3.2. Let's look at the highlights:
- We added a new "material" widget style that implements the Material Design:
Annotate your properties with
in-outto specify how they can be read and written. See the earlier blog post for more details.
- Use the new property tab in the VS code extension to edit properties.
- Place the cursor on the base type of an element to see its location highlighted in the live-preview.
- Use the new variants in
WindowEventto dispatch key events from your custom platform backend.
For more details, check out the ChangeLog.
- 🎬 Live Coding: A Small User Interface with Slint on a Microcontroller: Watch our new tutorial to learn how to port Slint to a Microcontroller.
Slint UI Library
Changes to the
- Transitions can now get declared within the states (#1884)
- Material Design: Add ripple effect (#1892)
- Material Design: Express typographic tokens in relative-font-size (#1904)
- Fix the meta key causing characters to appear in TextInput elements (#1887)
- Fix placeholder text rendered on top of cursor when empty LineEdit is focused (#1888)
- Flickable should not accept the mouse release event when not flicking (#1905)
- Fix embedding of images referenced in globals (#1906)
Recipe: TableView (#1909)
- Recipe: Translation example (#1913)
- Add documentation about the available widget styles and how to select them (#1910)
Other Crates and Libraries
Contributions to other crates and libraries made by the Slint developers:
Add support for
CMAKE_*_OUTPUT_DIRECTORYvariables for placing build artifacts, besides the corresponding target properties (#268)
66 patches committed in 30 pull requests by 4 authors.